First Visit to the Children's Ministry
If you're reading this, you're probably planning a visit to our church and you wanted to check out the Children's Ministry before dropping your kids off with us. The Children's Ministry Homepage is loaded with information about what we offer for children and families, as well as, the times and locations of these classes. This link will get you back to the homepage Children's Ministry.
We desire to create a place where your children will be safe, have fun and learn about Jesus on their level! It is our privilege to serve you and your children. We desire to partner with parents to teach children how Jesus Christ is the hero of the entire story of the Bible. We believe that making disciples starts at home, so we want to walk alongside of parents and families to help equip them to lead their children well. We use engaging curriculum, games, and activities to teach children about God. Our hope is that we can be the spark that ignites a deeper sense of identity, belonging, and mission in each and every child we serve.
Thank you for allowing us to serve you and your children.
Pastor Brian Adams
Check In Procedure
- Children can be checked into their class 15 minutes prior to regularly scheduled church-wide activities.
- Each classroom has a sign in sheet at the classroom door. Please enter your child’s name, your name, cell phone #. If you're attending an Adult Sunday School Class, please list the class. We give all first time guests a Visitor ID Card. Write the Visitor ID# on the Sign-In Sheet. When you come to check out your child from their class, you give the teacher the ID Card to pick up your child.
- If we need to reach you, we will text or call you. On Sunday morning we might also flash your ID# on the media screen in the Worship Center. If you do not have a cell phone, pagers are available at the Visitor Table.
Check Out Procedure
- We ask parents to check out their children no later than 15 minutes after the conclusion of the worship service or church activity.
- Please show the teacher your Family ID Card or give them your Visitor ID Card. Siblings 16 and older may pick up, but only if presenting the appropriate ID Card.
- Release of any child without an ID Card may be done only by the Hall Coordinator. In order for this security system to work efficiently, all those involved need to participate.
How Parents Can Help Us
- For the protection of your child and other children, please do not leave a child who has had any of the following symptoms within the last 24 hours: Fever, vomiting or diarrhea, any symptom of the usual childhood diseases.
- If your child becomes ill while at church, a staff person or teacher will notify the parents immediately. Teachers are not permitted to administer any type of medication to children in their care.
- In order not to upset your child, parents desiring to check on a child are requested to do so through the Hall Coordinator.
- If an accident occurs, an accident report will be filled out and given to the parent of the injured child. If the accident requires prompt attention, you will be notified immediately.
- When biting occurs, the injured area will be cleaned and ice applied immediately. An accident report will be filled out and given to the parent of the injured child. The parent of the child who has bitten will be informed upon pick up. If a child bites a third time, the parent will be asked to stay in the room with their child until the problem is under control. Likewise, if a child is constantly misbehaving, disrespectful, aggressive toward others, etc., the parent will be notified and asked to stay in the room with their child until the problem is under control.
- Sunday morning classes promote with the school year for twos through Kindergarten. Babies through one-year olds advance to the next appropriate class throughout the year based upon development and classroom size. You will receive notification when your child is ready for promotion.
Children Ministry Team Members
- To ensure your child’s safety, teachers and child care staff receive background checks and are carefully monitored.