First Visit to the Children's Ministry
If you're reading this, you're probably planning a visit to our church and you wanted to check out the Children's Ministry before dropping your kids off with us. The Children's Ministry Homepage is loaded with information about what we offer for children and families, as well as, the times and locations of these classes. This link will get you back to the homepage Children's Ministry.
We desire to create a place where your children will be safe, have fun and learn about Jesus on their level! It is our privilege to serve you and your children. We desire to partner with parents to teach children how Jesus Christ is the hero of the entire story of the Bible. We believe that making disciples starts at home, so we want to walk alongside of parents and families to help equip them to lead their children well. We use engaging curriculum, games, and activities to teach children about God. Our hope is that we can be the spark that ignites a deeper sense of identity, belonging, and mission in each and every child we serve.
Thank you for allowing us to serve you and your children.
Pastor Brian Adams
Check In Procedure
- Children can be checked into their class 15 minutes prior to regularly scheduled church-wide activities. We use an Electronic Check-In System which is located on the first floor of the Children's Building.
- Parents can come at 9:15 am and check in their children for both the 9:30 am and 11:00 am services. This allows parents to attend a worship service one hour and either attend a small group or serve during the other service time.
- Parents who only attend one service, can check in their child to the one service.
- There are Attendants who are trained to help you through the Check-In Process
- Parents receive a Parent Security Label which must be shown during Check-Out
- Parents receive two labels per child. Please bring both of these labels your child's Teacher.
- If we need to reach you, we will text or call you. If you do not have a cell phone, pagers are available at the Visitor Table.
Check Out Procedure
- We ask parents to check out their children no later than 15 minutes after the conclusion of the worship service or church activity.
- Please show the Teacher your Parent Security Label so it can be matched to your child's label.
- If a parent loses their Parent Security Label, they must go to the Check-In Station to print a new label.
How Parents Can Help Us
- For the protection of your child and other children, please do not leave a child who has had any of the following symptoms within the last 24 hours: Fever, vomiting or diarrhea, any symptom of the usual childhood diseases.
- If your child becomes ill while at church, a staff person or teacher will notify the parents immediately. Teachers are not permitted to administer any type of medication to children in their care.
- In order not to upset your child, parents desiring to check on a child are requested to do so through the Hall Coordinator.
- If an accident occurs, an accident report will be filled out and given to the parent of the injured child. If the accident requires prompt attention, you will be notified immediately.
- When biting occurs, the injured area will be cleaned and ice applied immediately. An accident report will be filled out and given to the parent of the injured child. The parent of the child who has bitten will be informed upon pick up. If a child bites a third time, the parent will be asked to stay in the room with their child until the problem is under control. Likewise, if a child is constantly misbehaving, disrespectful, aggressive toward others, etc., the parent will be notified and asked to stay in the room with their child until the problem is under control.
- Sunday morning classes promote with the school year for twos through Kindergarten. Babies through one-year olds advance to the next appropriate class throughout the year based upon development and classroom size. You will receive notification when your child is ready for promotion.
Children Ministry Team Members
- To ensure your child’s safety, teachers and child care staff receive background checks and are carefully monitored.